Experts in Residential and Commercial Downspout Repair & Replacement
We give you no-nonsense options, choices and prices to suit your budget
Finding a reputable company to replace your downspout according to the Mandatory Downspout disconnection bylaw can be a daunting task so we make it simpler for you.
We can help you with all your choices and options including educating you on the different types of materials and options which would suit your application.
We know you want to keep the cost of your overall repair or replacement low while ensuring you get a great quality installation that will last so we will take the time to help you better understand what all your options are.
We can give you advice on
- The requirements of the Mandatory Downspout disconnection bylaw
- The different types of materials available and the best approaches for your needs
- Getting the best prices based on your investment over the long term
AZ Roofing has the highest standards in labour warranty to ensure your investment lasts. We only choose materials with long warranties and a history of customer satisfaction as we want to ensure our customers are happy with their investment for a very long time.
We are the experts in residential and commercial for repair or replacement of downspouts in GTA and surrounding areas.
Premium Services for Downspout Repair & Installation
We give you no-nonsense advice on when you can safely repair or replace systems to protect your investment
Just because choosing a contractor may seem like a daunting task, doesn’t mean you should delay the decision for another few years. Don’t risk a delay which could end up costing you thousands when you can get honest advice today.
We offer a wide variety of choices and options to meet your needs and protect your investment. Not only do we offer a large selection of choices in materials, we can also offer a thorough assessment of your building including the roofing system and its ventilation system to ensure all work meets or exceeds Ontario Building Codes, and are properly ventilated for optimal energy efficiency in your attic space.
AZ Roofing is a certified installer of top manufacturers which ensures we have the expertise to properly ensure your investment is properly installed for a complete and long lasting warranty.
What we look for and our approach includes:
- Ensuring the roof structure are structurally sound and without rot and mould.
- We look for signs of deterioration in your roofing system to ensure we are installing in locations which will have the best chance for your investment to last a long time
- Educated in architectural theories, we not only look at the roof, we also look at the surrounding systems and areas including
- Adequate and proper ventilation to meet the latest building codes is a requirement most roofing contractors do not provide – most roofers only replace exactly what they see and do not realize your existing roof is under-ventilated and will not meet the new building codes
- Proper eavestroughs and downspouts to quickly channel water away from your home – most houses were built with inadequate eavestrough and downspouts causing premature deterioration of shingles in localized areas
With the AZ Roofing approach, we will give you the straight goods on whether you can repair your existing downspout or if you should replace it. Plus, we’ll tell you honestly on the status of your roof as well to ensure you’re not replacing materials on a deteriorating roof which may soon need replacement.
How to get started?
Mandatory Downspout disconnection by law
The City of Toronto introduced the Mandatory Downspout disconnection bylaw in recognition of the importance and benefits of having rainwater not drain directly into sewers. Other municipalities such as Peel Region are also in the process of introducing similar bylaws.
Historically, homes built prior to the 1960’s had their downspouts drain directly into sewers. With age, we are finding that deterioration of the original clay pipes underground are now becoming a serious risk where this water may end up a lot closer to your foundation than intended. As anyone who has dealt with waterproofing and foundation issues, this is a very costly renovation and the best solution is prevention. Disconnecting your downspouts, a mandatory bylaw, will help reduce the volume of water going through the sewers.
Some benefits include:
- Protecting you and your neighbourhood by keeping excess rainwater out of the sewer systems which can help reduce the risk of flooding
- Allows rain water to flow away from your homes foundation and and is a free source of water for our lawns and gardens
- Water that is goes through our lawns and gardens are naturally filtered prior to reaching our streams and rivers for improved water quality
Lastly, how do you choose the right contractor?
- Look for those with the right credentials and expertise to ensure your job is done with the highest quality in workmanship at a reasonable price. You should always look for:
- Valid WSIB
- Liability Insurance
- Written quote
- Professional in-home estimate
- Underlayment, ice and water, new metal flashings should be included in sloped roof quotes
- Full assessment on ventilation needs and concerns