Residential and Commercial EPDM Roofing Contractor
AZ Roofing offers durable EPDM roof repairs and installations in GTA.
EPDM is a synthetic rubber roofing membrane that is durable and commonly used on low-slope buildings. It comes in two thicknesses and a variety of widths and colors, and can be installed in different ways with seams sealed using adhesive or tape. It’s made of ethylene and propylene, comes in 45 or 60 mils thickness and widths up to 50 feet.
We can give you advice on
- The different types of roof materials available including EPDM rubber flat roofs
- What are the best roofing systems for your needs
- When or why you may be interested in EPDM rubber membrane flat roofs vs other materials
- Getting the best EPDM flat roofing prices based on your investment over the long term
- Rough calculator to help you with budgeting
- The best approaches in installing EPDM flat roofs
Don’t Risk Another Winter With Your Current EPDM Roofing System
What is EPDM?
EPDM, or Ethylene propylene diene monomer is a versatile rubber roofing membrane that is used in low-slope commercial roofing. EPDM offers a variety of installation options and numerous long term benefits, such as superior weatherability, exceptional wind uplift resistance, extreme flexibility and more.
A Product That Stands the Test of Time
The RubberGard™ EPDM system has delivered more than three decades of commercial roofing success by building upon a heritage of innovation in rubber polymer technology. The versatile membrane offers a variety of installation options including fully adhered, ballasted or mechanically attached that deliver superior long-term weather ability and exhibit exceptional wind-uplift resistance.
Benefits of RubberGard™ EPDM
- Exceptional Durability: EPDM is virtually immune to ozone, UV radiation, and harsh temperatures
- Rapid and Easy Installation: EPDM is available in large panels (30.5m x 5.8m) that can be installed using primers and self-adhesive products, no flames or electricity is required.
- Low Life Cycle Costs: With little or no maintenance required throughout the life of an EPDM roof, and a competitive installation cost, EPDM roofing systems result in a very low life cycle cost.
- High Flexibility and Elongation in any Climate: EPDM has proven performance in Canadian winters at -45 °C and in tropical Madagascar climates at +45 °C.
- Sustainable and Environmentally Friendly: EPDM is an inert material with limited environmental impact during manufacturing, installation and use. EPDM is also fully recyclable.
Why EPDM Roofing
Characteristics that contribute to this superior overall system performance include:
- Cyclical membrane fatigue resistance
- Proven hail resistance
- High resistance to ozone, weathering, and abrasion
- Flexibility in low temperatures
- Superior resistance to extreme heat and fire
- Thermal shock durability
- Ultraviolet radiation resistance
What we look for and our approach includes:
- Ensuring the roof structure is structurally sound and without rot and mould. We always take into account heavy snowfall to ensure your roof structure can handle the extra load in extreme winters
- Looking out for leak mitigation is our priority. We know the best practices for preventing leaks and it’s critical for many roofs to have the right systems and installation practices to protect the most vulnerable parts of the roof from potential leaks
With the AZ Roofing approach, we will give you the straight goods on whether you can repair your existing roof, or if you should replace it. Plus, we’ll let you know the best system for your roof which will meet your budget.
The Durability of EPDM Roofing
EPDM roofing is durable and can withstand extreme temperatures. It can automatically reduce the roof surface temperature by up to 80 degrees in hot weather. EPDM roofs require minimal maintenance and repairs, which are often inexpensive.
Repairs can be made with liquid rubber or specialized tape. Some EPDM roofs only require cosmetic maintenance, such as repainting every 10 years to maintain color.