Residential and Commercial T.P.O Roofing Contractor
Your Local Expert & Trusted Provider of Quality T.P.O Roofing
TPO roofing is a popular commercial option made of ethylene-propylene rubber polymerized with polypropylene. It’s durable, energy-efficient, and easy to maintain. With high resistance to punctures, chemicals, UV radiation, and impact damage, TPO roofing comes in various sizes and colors, reflecting sunlight and heat away from the building. Choose TPO for cost-effective and value-enhancing commercial construction projects.
We are here to guide you through every aspect of TPO flat roofs:
- Types of roofing materials available, including TPO roofing membranes
- Best TPO roofing systems for your needs
- Advantages of TPO flat roofs compared to other materials
- Getting the best TPO flat roofing prices based on long-term investment
- Rough calculator to help with budgeting
- Best approaches for installing TPO flat roofs
Don’t Risk Another Winter With Your Current T.P.O Roofing System
What is TPO?
TPO, or Thermoplastic Polyolefin is a single-ply reflective roofing membrane made from polyprophylene and ethylene-propylene rubber polymerized together. It is typically installed in a fully adhered or mechanically attached system, allowing the white membrane to remain exposed throughout the life of the roof.
Cooling Degree Days
TPO membranes reflect UV radiation keeping the surface of the roof and the building cool during summer months, helping to reduce cooling costs, and decrease the amount of carbon emissions.
Benefits of UltraPly™ TPO
- Durability, Flexibility and Versatility: UltraPly TPO is highly resistant to tears, impacts, and punctures yet remains flexible to allow for building movement
- Economical and Easy to Install: UltraPly TPO’s flexibility allows for a rapid installation and requires little maintenance throughout its life. TPO membranes are commonly fully adhered or mechanically attached to the underlying insulation or cover board.
- Cool Roofing Matters: A light coloured roof that reflects the sun’s energy can play a significant role in reducing the buildings cooling costs.
- Welded Seams for Long-Lasting Performance: TPO membranes are heat-welded at 926ºC with a hot-air gun. The result is a fused seam that’s stronger than the field of the membrane.
- Sustainable and Environmentally Friendly: TPO membranes contain no toxic or hazardous ingredients and are fully recyclable.
Installation of TPO Roofing
TPO roofing can be installed using mechanical attachment, adhesion, ballasting, or plate bonding techniques. For the best installation method, it’s recommended to consult with a TPO roofing contractor. At AZ Roofing, we have experienced TPO roofing specialists who can help determine the best installation approach for your project using an induction welder to join plates to the membrane. Contact us for a hassle-free assessment.
Unbeatable Quality at an Affordable Price: How AZ Roofing's Unique Education and Background Sets Us Apart.
Two main types of roofs are sloped and flat, with some buildings featuring a combination of both. The materials used for sloped and flat roofing differ and are summarized below.
|Type: Flat Roofing||Tar & Gravel||Torch Down||EPDM||PVC||TPO|
|What is it||Extremely common flat roofs with alternating layers of paper and tar||Compact, easy to install, less mess than Tar & Gravel||Strength, durability and flexibility in one through a synthetic rubber material||Single ply membrane with UV protectors built in and heat welded seams||Simple installation and light weight system to handle additional loads|
|Benefits||Value-priced option||Cool energy efficient roofs|
|Price||Value-priced materials; Low – Medium Cost|
How to get started?
- First things first, you are already educating yourself, so that’s a great first step. There are a lot of details in roofing so it’s best to take the next steps with an expert who can walk you through the rest of the steps.
- Determine what type of roof do you have? Sloped, or Flat, or a mix of both? Is your property residential or commericial?No worries. AZ Roofing can help you with any of those kinds of roofs and applications
If you have a flat roof, do you already have an idea of the type of materials you are interested in reviewing?
Do you prefer tar and gravel, torch down, EPDM, PVC or TPO?
TPO Single Ply Roofing for Commercial and Industrial
Choose a cool, long lasting flat roof made to last with TPO. TPO is made with Thermoplastic Polyolefin and has an incredible track record for quality over the long term
Why choose this type?
- Simple installation for lower labour costs
- Cool reflective white for optimal reflective properties for lower cooling costs and energy efficient
- Low fire risk without any open flames
- Long warranties from premium brand names like Firestone
- Light weight system allowing Roof to handle additional loads
- Easy to repair
- Less odour and less mess
Lastly, how do you choose the right contractor?
- Look for those with the right credentials and expertise to ensure your job is done with the highest quality in workmanship at a reasonable price. You should always look for:
- Valid WSIB
- Liability Insurance
- Written quote
- Professional in-home estimate
- Underlayment, ice and water, new metal flashings should be included in sloped roof quotes
- Full assessment on ventilation needs and concerns